We regret that at this time we are not accepting new orders. We are having difficulties with our Internet and phone access. Once we have resolved these problems, we will begin accepting orders again. Thank you for your patience!
All our nose bags are made of a woven PVC-coated polyester mesh and stitched with polyester-coated polyester thread. Using these synthetic materials ensures that your nose bag is not subject to rot. It is abrasion-resistant, tear-resistant, very durable and wears tough. Stainless steel "D" rings are anchored securely to the bag with 1" nylon webbing "pinching" the bag from both sides. The adjustable-length neck and poll straps are also 1" nylon webbing. The plastic side-release buckles and the optional slide adjusters used on the straps are the finest on the market.
Why use a nose bag?
- Nose bags are useful at home to eliminate the waste generated by sloppy eaters.
- Nose bags pack down small and are useful for providing grain and weed-free pelleted feeds on the trail.
- Nose bags are useful at shows, particularly when using tie stalls.
- Nose bags are a convenient way to provide pelleted (not powdered) additives such as vitamins and hoof supplements.
- Nose bags eliminate hostile grain-pan takeovers by dominant horses, ensuring that even the lowest horse in the pecking order gets his share of feed.
- Nose bags are a useful tool when training a horse to lower his head for haltering or bridling and to accept handling of the head and ears.
Why use a BigNose Bag?
- BigNose Bags are constructed from durable rot-proof and rust-proof materials.
- BigNose Bags are available in sizes to fit even the largest draft horse.
- BigNose Bags have safety and convenience options not offered by other feed bags.
- BigNose Bags are made with an open-weave mesh that allows the horse to breathe freely, allows dust and other fine particles to sift out and even allows the horse to drink while wearing the nosebag.
- BigNose Bags do not require the horse to lower his head to eat or rest the feed bag on a surface. The special design of our feed bags allows the horse to eat with his head up, such as while in harness or while tied in a stall at the show.
- BigNose Bags prevent feed loss from head-tossing during fly season.
- BigNose Bags are MADE IN THE USA.
- BigNose Bags are made BY draft horse owners, FOR draft horse owners and tested on DRAFT HORSES.
When is a nose bag not the best choice for your situation?
- A nose bag is not a good choice if you need to dampen your feed or add oil to your feed. Adding water to commercially produced pelleted feeds usually results in a crumbling mush. The mush would need to be rinsed from the feed bag after each use. Nose bags are also not a very good method of serving up soaked beet pulp. A bucket or feed pan would be a better choice in this situation.
- A nose bag is not a good choice if you need to add a powdered component to your feed, such as powdered garlic, finely-ground flaxseed or powdered medications. Adding a powdered component to a nose bag puts your horse at risk of inhaling the powder. Our feed bags were designed to be highly breatheable and to allow fines and dust to sift out. This function is incompatible with the use of powdered ingredients. A bucket or feed pan used with lightly dampened feed would be a better choice in this situation.
Proudly made right here in America!
HOME - STANDARD NOSE BAG - EASY-FILL NOSE BAG - BREAK-AWAY SAFETY OPTION - MEASURING - ORDERING - MESH - BUCKLES